Our kennels department manage the lost and found process of stray animals brought to the JSPCA. They also take calls about lost animals and strive to reunite lost animals with their rightful owners. All animals are checked for microchips or any other form of identification on admission.
If you’ve found a pet…
- Please take the animal to your nearest vet or SPCA. You can also contact your closest SPCA to collect the animal.
If you’ve lost a pet…
- Immediately phone all the animal shelters in your area and all the local vets. Don’t wait to see if the animal returns.
- Put up posters at the local shops and animal shelters with pictures of your pet. Give a detailed description.
- Follow your phone calls up with visits to the shelters and vets. Don’t assume a phone call is sufficient.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Every single animal that enters our property gets scanned for a microchip and checked for a collar or tag.
- Every animal gets a “found report” filled out with all their details. Once completed, we cross reference this report with any reports of animals that have been reported lost.