While a pet is a lifelong commitment and responsibility, it sometimes happens that an owner’s circumstances change and they can no longer give that pet the love and care they need and deserve. In these cases the best and
kindest thing is to surrender your pet to us.
Please follow these steps:
Bring your pet to the JSPCA at 5 Benray Road, Johannesburg.
Complete the necessary documentation.
Provide basic information about your pet’s preferences and habits regarding food, toys etc.
This information will help us with the re-homing process.
Before surrendering your pet…
- Be clear on the reasons you are surrendering. Make sure it is
the right decision for you and your pet.
- Ask yourself whether it is your final decision and whether it has
been discussed with the whole family.
- Realise that there is no turning back. As soon as you surrender
your pet, we become his legal owner.
- Don’t surrender your pet to “teach her a lesson” for running
out of the gate or chewing up your favourite shoe. This is a
- Please don’t return to visit the pet. It will only re-traumatise