If you would like to spoil your furry or feline friend during lockdown, why not try making them a tasty treat? Below is some biscuits for dogs as well as delicious fish balls for cats!
Peanut Butter Biscuits For Dogs
- 1 & ½ cups water
- ½ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tb spoons peanut butter
- 2 t spoons vanilla essence
- 1 & ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 & ½ cups white flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Mix water, oil, peanut butter and vanilla essence with a wire whisk.
- Add all the flours, cornmeal and oats. Combine with a mixer.
- Take one-third of the dough and place on a floured surface.
- Flour the top and bottom of the dough.
- Gently knead the dough adding more flour as necessary to form a pliable dough.
- Roll out to ½ inch thickness and cut shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Place the shapes on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven but leave the biscuits in the cooling over to crisp.
Fish Balls For Cats
- 170g can of tuna in oil, drained
- 60g cooked skinless boneless fish
- 3 mini carrots, cooked and mashed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tb spoons shredded cheese
- 2 Tb spoons rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon dried catnip
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius and grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix all the ingredients together and roll into small balls.
- Place the balls approximately one inch apart and bake them for 15 minutes or until they are firm and lightly browned.
- Allow the fish balls to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.