We all know home-made is best, and only the best is good enough for our pets.
We share chef Jackie Cameron’s dog biscuit recipe.
1 cup Champagne Valley stoneground cake flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup peanut butter, crunchy (do not use peanut butter that contains xylitol)
2 whole eggs
Pinch of Oryx Desert Salt
2-4 Tablespoons full cream milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. In a bowl mix together all ingredients except the full cream milk
3. Add the milk a teaspoon at a time until the dough comes together
4. Roll the dough out into desired thickness and use cookie cutters depending on the shape you would like to create (dog bones, dog paws etc)
5. On a tray with grease proof paper place cut-out cookies
6. Cook until slightly brown at the bottom, about 12 minutes
Store biscuits in an airtight container and let your dogs enjoy an occasional tasty treat.